2017 – the year to sparkle!
Hey…you up yet? Rise and shine, darlings!
The weekend is too short and I got up early to have more time to enjoy it. So, after a delicious homemade breakfast and a cup of my favorite Nespresso (Arpeggio of course), I realized that I woke up with many ideas and with a positive attitude that I hope it will last the entire year.
Speaking about that, I don’t know about you, but I got so carried away in December with all the Christmas preparations, gift shopping and afterwards getting ready for the New Year’s Eve party that I totally forgot to think about some resolutions for this new year. Although i don’t live by a rule book, but instead I follow my intuition and my heart, I kinda like setting some personal boundaries for 2017, because a whole new year lays in front of me so I think about all the possibilities of growing and creating myself. This is the beginning of everything I want, but what I really want? Well, I have decided that this year I’m going after something more special and I made a Wish List.
Dear 2017, I wish you give me…
- Optimism – I’ve started this new year by having in mind that it must be a great year, a super duper one, full of nice surprises, but also lessons that I must learn. I think I will receive major signs but I must have the eyes to see them and lots of opportunities that I have to take. I have decided that 2017 will be the time to shine, to follow my dreams and make them true. I wish to grow at work, to improve myself while writing on this blog, to train myself into learning a lot and to discover more of what life has to offer. I also wish to see the beauty in everyday things and enjoy a little more the simple moments in life. I want to read a book in silence, to learn something new, to visit a new place, to reconnect with an old friend and to have more time for my loved ones.
- Courage – To stop waiting for something good to happen and to simply start going after what I want. I wish to learn to say no without any explanation and to turn away from everything that doesn’t feed my soul.
- Ambition – to remember that the beginning is always the hardest and to never give up. Fear should not be in my way this year and I want to dream big. to try a new skill, a recipe or a crazy idea I’ve been thinking for a while because amazing things never came from comfort zones and doing exactly what I am afraid of will challenge me.
- Strength – I wish to be strong enough (but not rude) to stand alone, smart enough to know when I need help and brave enough to ask for it. No matter the situation, I hope to be able to step outside and remind myself who I am and who I want to become. I wish to be each day an improved version of myself.
- Wisdom – To read between the lines, to observe the tiny details that make a difference so in the end to find the right answers. I think everyone I will ever meet knows something I don’t, so I wish to meet so many inspiring people and to be wise and humble enough to see the sparkle in them and learn the right things.
- Patience – I don’t want to rush anything that needs time to grow. I just want to embrace the new and see where life takes me and to create meaningful connections that last a lifetime. If there are meant to be, things might happen in a different order than the one I have in mind. I don’t want to ruin them before even beginning, by over-thinking, imagining, worrying, doubting. When nothing is certain, anything is possible, so I embrace the unexpected and trust the wait, because my life is a journey and if I got all at once there’d no be a point in living happily year by year.
- Me-time – I am going to focus more on me, to challenge and educate myself, to stay healthy, to laugh more, to live life colorfully, to celebrate my wins, both big and small. I want to live in the moment, to stop making plans, to meditate and focus on the positive, to stick to my goals and simply choose happy. My time will be invested on improving myself and becoming a better person physically and mentally.
- Gratitude – This will be my first thought in the morning, to be thankful for the troubles that I don’t have, but also for all the little miracles and great chances I receive each day. My daily blessing will be counted and remembered.
- Confidence – To admire someone else’s beauty without questioning my own. I won’t be afraid of what people think of me, because I know my worth and I choose to be proud (but not arrogant).
- Just a little luck – Although every single thing I have now, I’ve obtained it through hard work and dedication, I am sure that I also had a drop of luck, a kind of magic, a sparkle, an unexpected situation that changed a bit my footsteps sometimes and redirected me towards a better place.
So I pray that starting this year to have eyes that see the best in people, a heart that forgives the worst, a mind that forgets the bad and a soul that never loses faith. I pray to keep my inner beauty, meaning that my lips will always tell the truth, my ears will hear no evil and my heart will love intensely.
Now, returning to my number one (Optimism), I will share with you a little game I read about online: “Start the year with an empty jar and each week add a note with a good thing that happened. On New Year’s Eve empty the jar and read about the amazing year you had.” I challenge you to start this game and I am sure you will begin 2018 with a big smile on your faces and with the hope that it will be even better than 2017.
I love being creative in doing something nice, expressing myself through my stories and pictures. So I invite you to do the same. We can share some knowledge in order to self-improve and make the most of what 2017 has already planned for us. I’m waiting for your feedback and I’m also very curious about your wishes or goals for this year. Think about that and write some of them below!
May your Saturday be filled with good thoughts, kind people and awesome moments!
Happy weekend and a (late) happy new year!