Either you are a morning person or not, the first hours of the day are very important and I strongly believe they can define your entire mood for the day. I like to raise my hopes and good vibes since the minute I wake up and especially on weekends, my first thought is getting up an hour early to live an hour more.
So, here are some morning rituals to spark self-care all day that work for me completely:
1. Wake up happy – big smile and that Disney princess kind of wake up gestures. This will set your mood and don’t forget happiness looks gorgeous on everyone!
2. Open the blinds and let in some light and fresh air – I think this is the best energizer! Feeling the sunlight on my skin while I’m still in bed. It’s like the rest of the world is still asleep, except me and for a minute it’s only me, the world and the sunrise in a deep silence. This is the time to reconnect with myself and start planning my day.
3. Check the news online– I like to be informed whether it’s about politics, lifestyle, fashion or upcoming events.
4. My morning routine for happy and beautiful skin – I wash my face with the purifying foaming gel for sensitive skin from La Roche-Posay (you can find it here). Then I apply the eye cream from La Roche-Posay (you can find it here), to under-eye area. Gently spread my favorite moisturizer (Idealia by Vichy – here) over the face and neck and once a week, I use a face mask (either the papaya enzymatic from Fereto – here, or the red clay and carrot mask from Sabio Cosmetics – here. I love having my face hydrated and soft and these products are my best friends.
5. I look after the goodies bag and start my magical I-woke-up-like-this make up ritual – First I apply the king of all makeup products, the one and only Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup by Estee Lauder (bought from Sephora, 3W1 Tawny shade) . Then, I stick to the same brand and use concealer ( Double Wear Stay-in-Place Flaless Wear Concealer from Estee Lauder, also from Sephora, 2C Light Medium shade) more to illuminate my skin, but it’s also very effective in covering the dark under-eye circles. I add a touch of bronzer with a special brush for a little bit of contouring and look for the neutral eye shades products from Too Faced (Everything Nice set or the Grande Hotel Cafe set – both from Sephora, similar here). In the end I define my brows very fast with the super duper Gimme Brow from Benefit and I use the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara for a dramatic look. Just a hint of blush to add some color on my cheeks and I never forget the fairy dust luminizer from Too Faced to literally sparkle all day. This kind of make up fits perfectly for a day at work and it gives a special, natural glow that lasts the entire day.
6. I get dressed very fast because I usually have my outfit ready since the previous night.
7. I enjoy a very nutritious breakfast consisting in a cheese and veggies frittata, organic jam, smooth butter and crunchy toast, together with a hot cup of Yogi Tea. To tell the truth, I am very spoiled…Alex takes good care of me, being in charge with breakfast and he always makes me something extra, maybe a cupcake, maybe pancakes or a fruit salad. All of the above while I listen to dancing music that sets my positive vibes even higher.
8. Coffee. Coffee. Coffee. – I never ever leave the house without my most precious cup of Nespresso. Sipping coffee and thinking about possibilities is my favorite thing to do! Seriously now, I have no idea how is like to have a day without coffee…because I don’t drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee. Thumbs up for that!
9. Check if I have everything I need in my bag, put on some nude lipstick and I’m ready to go…to the office or (for today) just to have a walk and enjoy this day, but first…
10. I give thanks for what I have and I trust that it will be a lovely day!
I hope you enjoyed the post and you find it useful. I am really curious about your daily routine so don’t forget to share, in the comment section below, some tips and tricks for waking up in a good down and also the beauty products that you use. From gentle cleaners to makeup must-haves, let us know your favorite essentials for your everyday morning.
And lovelies…always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose!